John Parker of the Workers World Party is the Peace and Freedom Party candidate for U.S. Senate.
- End the war on Black people. Solidarity with Black Lives Matter. Justice for Ezell Ford, Omar Abrego and all victims of police terror. Reparations now.
- No to racism and war on Muslims and all people of color. Jail Killer cops.
- Abolish capitalism. Fight for socialist revolution.
- Stop the deportations and war on immigrants.
- Food, water, housing, education for all.
- Defund the military. No imperialist and proxy wars from Palestine, Latin America to Haiti. Justice for the Ayotzinapa 43
- End the prison industrial complex. End mass incarcerations.
- LGBTQ liberation now. Stop trans murders. Full rights for women.
- Change the system, not the climate. Immediate relief for victims of climate change.
- Full employment & jobs for all.
John Parker is a long-time socialist who:
- Will introduce the Oscar Grant Bill to empower and allow Black & Brown communities the ability to remove police departments and use the resources to enable community-organized self-policing and self defense
- Has traveled and written extensively as an anti-imperialist, anti-war activist
- Long-time and well-known fighter against racism, police terror, for immigrant and workers rights
This Joe Williams for Congress flyer can be downloaded here in Adobe Acrobat format. This file is intended for printing on 8.5 x 11 (letter) paper.
Joe Williams for Congress
This candidate forum on March 23 was sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Monterey County. Peace and Freedom candidate Joe Williams appears with all four of the other candidates for the 20th Congressional District. The forum itself begins about 7 minutes into the video. The last part of the event, starting at about 1:10, is on a different election contest.
- Born in California, lives in Santa Cruz.
- 54 years old
- Hospital health care professional (laboratory technician)
- Ocean sports enthusiast (surf, kayak)
- Counselor on military issues at the Resource Center for Nonviolence
- Union steward for SEIU-UHW
- Delegate to Monterey Bay Central Labor Council
- Santa Cruz County Peace & Freedom Party Central Committee member since 2004
- Challenged Sam Farr in 2004
- A Bernie Sanders candidate (Berniecrat)
On the Issues
It’s time for a grassroots political revolution! Joe Williams will fight for these issues:
- People before Profit
- Medicare for All
- Strong Unions
- End the War on Drugs
- Shut Down the War Machine
- Bernie Sanders for President!
- Fight for $15
- Veterans for Peace
- Iraq Veterans Against the War
- Driscoll’s Boycott
- Stop the TPP
- Basic Income Guarantee
- Occupy Wall Street
- Black Lives Matter
Socialist candidate for U.S. Senate John Parker handing out flyers in downtown Los Angeles on May 1st 2016.
This John Parker for Senate flyer can be downloaded here in Adobe Acrobat format. This file is intended for printing on 8.5 x 11 (letter) paper.
Think We’ll Need a Socialist for the Senate?